Monday, July 20, 2026

History Of My Art

 SOME HISTORY

I'm 64, and I've been drawing since I was little. My Mom drew, and so did my brother, Stephen. I have two other brothers, and we all ready comic books. Comic books, of course, are a visual medium as much as a textual medium. We all dabbled with drawing superheroes and other things.

I didn't paint until I took art in high school (Carlsbad High School). We had a great teacher, Ms. Heidi Kendall. I did 2 works there that I bothered to keep, put in frames and hang on the wall. 

Later, in Hawaii, I tried some water color, but I didn't really know what I was doing. I'd wanted to take some art classes when I went to SUNY Stony Brook (in the 80s), but my husband and I (being young students) didn't have much money for anything besides tuition, fees, rent and food.

Much later (2022-2023), I took drawing classes at Southern Arkansas University (as well as a digital photography class in 2017), and one for Photoshop and some other digital art and video programs (also 2023). 

I didn't intend to take photography (although I loved taking photos on my phone), but I was getting a second B.A. in Mass Comm/ Mass Media, so it was required. I enjoyed the class, taught by Professor Ochs, but I've learned that I enjoy taking photos on my phone way more than with a "real" digital camera. 


We moved to Long Island in 2024, so I took Painting classes 2025-2026 at SUNY Old Westbury. I really enjoyed it, and I've kept painting on my own.  I'm still a beginner, though.

Most of my classes were free because my husband worked at these universities and/or because I turned 60. Many states/colleges have free classes for seniors.

This Fall, I'll be taking a class about color, so it should be very interesting. I plan to continue with drawing and painting. 

Home About My Art Drawing Painting Video and Other Works 

My Bio  My Main Personal Page  LinkTree  Older Art 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video and Other Work

 OTHER ARTWORK THUS FAR (IN ORDER OF MY OPINION) Click on any pic to see the larger version, or pinch with your fingers if you're on you...