Click on any pic to see the larger version, or pinch with your fingers if you're on your phone.
In my Graphic Software Applications class (at SAU), we learned Adobe Photoshop
and two other digital art programs. I used what I learned in that class
to make our Christmas card that year. I think it came out pretty well.
This was a fun Photoshop collage project we did. Professor Lambert directed
us to come up with 5 different words on paper that meant something to
us. Then we had to come up with other words related to those words. I
think he called it a Word Circle or something...I don't remember,
exactly.
Anyway, we were then supposed to choose 4 words from
those, and make a collage with photos that represented those words,
putting ourselves in it, and using Photoshop to make it fit. The words I
chose were: monkey, baby, cat, elephant. I think it came out OK.
Once
we made our photo, we then had to go to this other site to show how we
could use the photo in advertising or on products. I chose a billboard,
a jar and a business card.
Also in that class, we used Adobe Premiere Pro
(a video program) to make a little short story. We had to choose
various sounds to make it work. It was a truly collaborative effort, and
we had fun with it. We filmed it in the music room. The art and music
departments were in the same building, which made it easy.
Testing out the software, I made this short video of my dog, Brandy!
This
was another fun collage project, done for Drawing II (SAU). He told us
to come up with a collage theme and then use magazine photos to put it
together, with some drawing in it. It was based on another modern
artist, but I don't remember which one now.
For our final project in Painting 2, we had to paint on something other than a regular canvas. I decided to paint on some old jeans that I have. They're my favorites, but they were falling apart, a little. So I bought some fabric swatches from Amazon and sewed them on the bottom of the jeans to make new cuffs. I knew I wanted to do something flowers, but I wasn't completely sure yet. I went to the Blick Paint Store and bought some acrylic fabric markers and some durable stickers, as well as some patches. Two of the patches were paintings by Van Gogh. I made the front part of the jeans all about Van Gogh. I wrote lyrics from the song "Vincent" by Don McLean, and I copied some of Van Gogh's sunflowers, and irises, and a self-portrait. I bought more patches on Amazon with flowers, especially sunflowers. I got some butterflies, too. I put these all over the pants. On the front of the pants, I also drew my dog, Brandy; myself singing karaoke; and a ladybug. On the other side of the jeans, I concentrated more on "hippie" stuff like peace and love.
I have a pair of jean shorts that are also looking very worn, so I might paint some of those as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment